Thursday, October 30, 2008

Art Maid


My foreign domestic helper painted these two paintings. I discovered her talent in art and her creativity by observing how she played with my children. So I offered to help her nurture her interest. We borrowed lots of "How to Paint" DVDs from the library for her to watch in the evenings and sometimes books too. I then bought acrylic paints and some canvases and asked her to paint the black and white portrait for my living room. (See top painting) I thought she did a really nice job, considering she's had no official training. Anyway, a friend came to visit me at home and said she liked the painting so I offered her the opportunity to buy a custom-piece too from my maid to help her out too. She had unexpectedly lost her father, who was her family's only other breadwinner. Since my friend wanted a colour painting, she had to get her new paints and the canvases too. The bottom creation is for my friend. I hope she likes it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: