Monday, October 6, 2008

Break (cough) Time

I just lost my voice today. Have you ever thought of when moms can take a break without feeling guilty? It's when they are sick! Well, since I lost my voice, I couldn't do much with the kids and actually had to stay away since I didn't want to get them sick too. So I slept all afternoon... zzz. It was really amazing. Hadn't slept 4 hours straight with no disturbance since my second daughter was born. My helper was so considerate too. Instead of disturbing my sleep, she let my baby sleep in the living room under her watch. I did go see the doc since my husband was convinced it was bacterial and needed anti-biotic treatment. Doctor thinks it's viral so he just gave me some meds to treat and minimise the symptoms. He said that most times, when the symptoms are really severe, like high fever or extremely sore throat etc, then it could be bacterial. In 90% of cases, it's viral. Wow, I learned something today! Glad I asked. I realise in Singapore too, if you don't ask the doctor questions, they don't invest the time to tell you much or educate you. Hopefully the meds the knock this cough right out of system soon.

No comments: