Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reader's Digest Snail Mail Spam

I subscribed to Reader's Digest a few months ago and I seem to have gotten on to their snail mail spam list. Goodness... their sweepstakes entries and stages just never ends. It's so annoying and how terrible for the environment, all that paper wastage. It's always some sticker to remove and paste for a bigger bonus here and free gift there. And reply within 14 days or you won't win the bonus!!! And of course, they are trying to sell some other publication but is it really necessary to use so much paper to market it? As a mom who is trying to do my bit to save the earth, I feel I've done a great disservice to Mother Earth by subscribing to this magazine. Don't get me wrong, I like reading the Reader's Digest but all that junk and soliciting that comes with it is so annoying, I'm definitely not going to renew my subscription when the annual term ends. I've even stopped sending in the Sweepstakes entries. That's right, they can keep their $200,000... Gee whiz...

No comments: