Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Software Downloads

Okay, I've been venting a lot. Sorry. These are things that really bug me, especially since I have time to notice them since I am working part-time and playing full-time mommy. I did want to share a parenting topic with everyone. My husband and I have two girls, a 3-year old and 7-month old. Since my husband used to work in IT, we joke about our kids getting software downloads every time we notice a change in their behavior or reaction to day-to-day occurrences. And many have happened, literally overnight, and surprised us. It's quite shocking sometimes and you find yourself having to think fast and adjust to the new behaviour. For example, just a week ago, we had to feed my 3-year old all the time or she won't finish or even eat her meals. Now, she just sits and feeds herself and eats all her veggies too (broccoli, carrots and corn). HUH? But we're not complaining.

My message to all parents out there who are pulling out their hair trying to convince or encourage their children to grow up, PATIENCE... the download will happen. Keep a cool head, constantly deliver the same message, do not scold or yell coz it doesn't work--it only shows you've lost control--and your child will surprise and amaze you.

Good luck. Breathe in, breathe out... now go wait for your downloads.

No comments: