Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Secret Language

Since my kids are still young and incapable of speaking secret languages, I wasn't jumping up and down with too much excitment when I read this in Family Circle's May 2007 issue. Yes... I'm not too current with the latest since I read whatever I can get my hands on at the National Library. (I've actually scored the most current issue of Parents magazine once, that was quite a happy moment for me.) Okay, I digress... what caught my attention was the SMS lingo that teens have. Did you know these? Are they the same among Singapore teens?

ilu I LOVE YOU
aeap AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
cyr ma CALL YOUR MOTHER
h&k HUGS and KISSES
hand HAVE A NICE DAY
ptb PLEASE TEXT BACK
ring18 RUNNING LATE
gudluk GOOD LUCK

gtgn GOTTA GO NOW (that's my contribution).

Later....

No comments: